Sunday, May 28, 2006

Bishop Watching

Not to put it too strongly, I think we could probably say:

Chelmsford: boo!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/5011406.stm - Isn’t that a funny version of purple, by the way? Perhaps he needs some of that not-just-choosing-colours but the importance subtle shades and getting-it-exactly-right consultancy you were offering, Ros?

Kenya: Good on y’u, Brother.

According to the BBC News website, Bishop Gladwin was forced to cancel a Caribbean trip in 2005 because of his views on homosexual clerics. So we discover that being a Bishop is great for foreign jollies. Being pro-gay less good. Unless you’ve a vocation to vacation with the Episcopal Chruch of the U. S. A., I suppose? But I hear Sydney’s nice this time of year, Bishop?

Rochester: Horray!

http://www.churchnewspaper.com/news.php?read=on&number_key=5821&title=Time%20to%20defend%20Christian%20institutions%20says%20bishop

Being a Bishop also seems to be great for getting on the radio. In a way I’m surprised that we’re surprised that a Bishop says “we were / are / let’s be a Christian country”, rather than going for multi-faith mash. But then, with the likes of Chelmsford, maybe it is surprising?

Hope I’m not being unnecessarily rude or nasty about Chelmsford? And that I’ll never want him to give me a job?!

No comments: