Monday, March 26, 2012

Christ's words from the cross


The words of Christ from the cross would be possible material for the Good Friday Hour at the Cross:

  1. Father forgive them, for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34).
  2. Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise (Luke 23:43).
  3. Woman, behold your son: behold your mother (John 19:26-27).
  4. My God, My God, why have you forsaken me, (Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).
  5. I thirst (John 19:28).
  6. It is finished (John 19:30).
  7. Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (Luke 23:46).
Of course you’d want to look at Charles Spurgeon, Christ’s Words from the Cross in your preparation.

Any other resources to suggest for the hard-pressed Pastor whose behind on his great pile of Easter preparation?!

No comments: