Thursday, May 14, 2009

Free Internet Accountability Software?

I've heard Covenant Eyes highly recommended, but it seems to cost quite a lot of monthly cash?

Can anyone recommend any free internet accountability software?

I'm thinking of the kind of thing that wont affect my computer's running or block any internet site but which will email someone I designate with a list of all the websites I've been looking at or with a list of any that look like they might be dodgey, so that they that person can check I haven't been looking at things that I ought not to?!

5 comments:

Daniel Roe said...

I've heard good things about x3watch.

Regards,
Daniel

Josh T said...

Marc do you even check all these comments people leave? I can't believe you have time for that...

X3 watch is good. Free, does exactly what you describe. Even has a version for Mac.

Marc Lloyd said...

Thank you, Josh. Yes, I read every comment. They are automatically emailed to me so it takes next to no time. (I think that would be the case with most blogs that allow comments: the author more than likely has the option of having them emailed to him). And I love getting comments. Helpful, stimulating etc.

Marc Lloyd said...

Set up of x3watch was very quick and easy. It sends an email to one or two people every two or four weeks with any possibly dodgey sites you've been looking at.

Shame I can't ask the Vicar to be my accountability partner since he doesnt have the interweb! :)

Josh T said...

!!!!!!!!!