Thursday, March 01, 2007

Joining

So, are Anglican evangelical (ministers) meant to belong to:

Church Society
Reform
Fellowship of Word and Spirit
Anglican Mainstream
Church Pastoral Aid Society
Diocesian Evangelical Fellowship
Church of England Evangelical Council
Evangelical Alliance
Latimer Trust
Proclamation Trust
Local Gospel Partnership
Reagonal Gospel Partnership

I'm sure I've missed out other vital groups?

And its good to take a full part in the local ministers' fraternal, diocese, keep up with their old college etc.

It seems one could spend all one's time reading mailings and going to meetings (or more likely throwing away mailings and apologising for not going to meetings).

Which are the most essential, what don't I need to be involved in and what should be abolished?

5 comments:

Ros said...

I love the idea of 'Reagonal groups'. Do they sit round talking about B movies or American foreign policy in the 80's? Maybe you could have Thatcherite groups too.

Anonymous said...

You can't belong to CEEC, unless elected to it. CEEC is the parent body of DEFs (Diocesan Evangelical Fellowships), and also organises regular AEAs (Anglican Evangelical Assembly) and occasional NEACs (National Evangelical Anglican Congress). Obviously, you'll want to keep up with the activities of the Corporation for the Sons of the Clergy to keep your wallet full!
Otherwise, I think you've got most of them.

Marc Lloyd said...

Thank you, Neil. Very helpful. That's one less thing to do. No one may propose me!

I'm hoping for that meal from the Corporation of the Sons of the Clergy first.

By the time I've read that guide to my stipend and expenses I hope I may not need them!

Are the water rates for the vicarage an expense since I need to wash for my job and parishoners might flush the loo, for example?

Big Pete said...

Not sure about the loo, but your wife is tax deductable as a cleaner!

Anonymous said...

Affinity?