Monday, January 15, 2007

Shepherd's Pie and Cwassons

Cooked the Shepherd's Pie with spicey parsnip mash from Nigel Slater's Real Cooking yesterday. Cooked it in about half the time it said, having just come back from church and having hungry guests waiting, and it was still yummy. No signs of food poisoning yet. Could have got it ready to go in the oven the day before actually. And could have managed with half the ingredients too, I reckon. The mash was quite rich and sweet and I wonder if 50-50 potatos and parsnips might have been better?

For pudding my domestic goddess of a wife conjoured up warm cwassons with a hot chocoloate sauce and cold vanilla ice cream from Nigel Slater's Real Food. Quick, easy, fun and delicious. Cwassons are going to be a pudding in our house often now, d.v..

Cwassons, by the way, are a French pastry served for breakfast, if my gifted spelling was too much for you on this occasion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The parsnip mash was fantastic as it was, though parsnips are my favourite veg, so I may be the wrong person to ask.