Saturday, March 07, 2020

Psalm 121 - some hymns

You may wish to look away now if you expect to hear me preach tomorrow.

I am planning to speak on Psalm 121. I feel I could do a lot worse than quote a few hymns:


Jesus, lover of my soul,
Let me to Thy bosom fly…


Other refuge have I none,
Hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, oh, leave me not alone,
Still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed,
All my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head
With the shadow of Thy wing.



Stand up, stand up for Jesus;
Stand in his strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
You dare not trust your own.



When other helpers fail,

And comforts flee,

help of the helpless,

O abide with me!


“He [-God-] he’s got the whole world in him hands.”

And therefore “he’s got you and me, brothers and sisters, in his hands.”

No comments: