Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Parrot Joke

Three wealthy sons each gave their elderly mother a Christmas present. The first son gave her a new house. The second gave a new car. But, the third said to his brothers, “you know mum can’t see very well these days.  So I’ve spent £20,000 on a most  gifted parrot money can buy and I’ve had him trained to recite all her favourite poetry. He’s amazing.”

After Christmas the old lady wrote “thank you” letters. To the first son she wrote: “Thank you so much for the house. Sadly it is rather too large. I much prefer my small flat.” To the second she wrote: “Thank you so much for the car. Sadly my failing eyesight means I can no longer drive.” But to the third she wrote as follows: “Dear Donald, thank you that at least You have the good sense to know exactly what your mother likes. The chicken was delicious.”

http://www.afaithtoliveby.com/2013/12/19/carols-at-city-church-the-text-of-my-talk/

No comments: