Monday, April 27, 2009

Evening Service

I think it would be very lovely to have the main Sunday morning church service fairly early, then have people from church round for lunch, then a little nap and the rest of the day free for family, rest, fun and private and family devotions. But I've always been a twicer - going to church morning and evening on a Sunday. Now I'm required to do so.

However, it would seem that a Biblical case for Sunday evening services can be made: Luke 24:9 and Acts 20:7 (John Frame, The Doctrine of the Christian Life, on the Sabbath, if I remember rightly)

1 comment:

Paul said...

One of my best memories of church was, having recently started attending a church, I was invited round to an elder's house for lunch. We had an enormous feast with the family and at least 3-4 others from the church. After coffee we went for a walk together, came back and 15 minutes later, afternoon tea with every cake and biscuit you could imagine. After which we all headed off for the evening service.

Including the services, that was 10.30am to 8pm.