Tuesday, July 04, 2017

The Supper as a complete meal


We are given bread and wine, food and drink (symbolically a complete meal); the ordinary, bread (not cake) and the special, wine (not water). Bread might be said to be food suitable to the morning, to give strength for the day; wine is an eschatological drink for the evening, when work has been finished and is celebrated and rest is enjoyed. Bread and wine, then, point to the church militant as she pilgrims through the world and to the church triumphant as she enjoys all that God has done.

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Bro. Marc Lloyd. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am so glad to come across your profile on the blogger and the blog post. Very thoughtful explanation of the supper as a complete meal. I blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. While going through your post I came across NETS: Life Changing Christian Training of Ellel Ministries. Is it a residential training program or on line training program. I would love to know more about it. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id is: dhwankhede@gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.