Thursday, April 30, 2009

Zachman on Image and Word in Calvin

Randall C. Zachman is obviously a very eminent scholar but his reading of Calvin somewhat goes against the consensus.

Does anyone know what Calvin scholars have generally made of his positive account of the revelation of God in nature and the sacraments and not just Jesus and the written word?

Does anyone know if its been reviewed in WTJ or similar and what they said about it, for example?

Oh, for a decent theological library. Or a research assistant in London! :)

2 comments:

Ros said...

Do you have access to ATLA online?

Marc Lloyd said...

Not that I know of! How would I have such a thing? Maybe I need to ask Wendy? I haven't even got a SCONL card sorted. I think I'd have to get the University of Middlesex to do something for that and I believe that can be easier said than done.

What's that thing for reading lots of journals online too, JSTOR is it? I don't think I have that either. How on earth am I meant to do this PhD, especially when there's so much blogging to do?!