Friday, April 24, 2009

Worst service ever

Last night Mrs Lloyd and I experienced the worst service we've ever had in an eatery at Cafe Rouge in Durham. We had a lovely lunch at Cafe Rouge in Manchester once but last night's proceedings were laughable. So we had a good laugh about it. I might gather up my strength to tell you all the dreadful details sometime.

Update 1:

Most of the food was actually okay. The service was slow slow slow and the staff seemed to be deaf and blind to the calls and waves of the dinners. Some people resorted to shouting at them across the room. But then they had been shouting at each other earlier. One waitress went to sit by the loos, eat garlic bread and play on her mobile while we starved. To my mind the attitude of the satff was rather slap-dash and far too informally and chummy for my liking.

They managed to bring us the wrong wine and it hadn't been chilled.

Mrs Lloyd and I both had untrimmed green beans which were rather woody and stringy at the ends.

We were also served creme fraiche instead of chantilly cream and when we sent it back we thought that what they claimed was chantilly cream might have been creme fraiche with sugar and vanilla, whizzed up and spat in by every member of the kitchen staff. It certainly tasted unlike any chantilly cream we'd ever had and much worse than the stuff they sell in Tescos.

1 comment:

Ros said...

I was once served a profiterole with mould growing on it in a Cafe Rouge. I haven't eaten there since.