Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Preaching and Homegroup Plans (May-Aug)

When we finish 1 John in homegroups we're going to study 2 & 3 John in a session each. Then I'm thinking of 4 sessions on Ruth.


Here are my Sunday preaching plans for May - Aug:

Continuing through John's gospel in the evenings.

It has been "famous texts from the BCP" in the morning. Not quite sure what next.

Sun 4th May PM – Water into Wine (John 2:1-11)

Sun 18th May AM – The Trinity (John 17:1-26)
(Trinity Sunday)

Sun 15th June PM – The Cleansing of the Temple (John 2:12-25)

Sun 22nd June AM - BCP Communion using lectionary (Ps 84:8ff; 1 Kings 19:19-21; 1 Peter 3:8-15a; Luke 5:1-11) at St Nicholas, Pevensey


Sun 6th July AM – Let the nations rejoice (Psalm 67)

Sun 20th July AM – Family Service

Sun 10th August PM – You must be born again (John 3:1-21)

Sun 17th August AM – The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:5-15)


I'm thinking of doing a couple of sessions on the Lord's Prayer. I believe there are some sermons by Rev'd Matthew Mason one could plagarise.

After that I'm wondering about a series on the 10 commandments. Would I have plenty to say on each one? And would it be a bit samey?

No comments: