Monday, June 19, 2006

The Danger of Blog Ads

What do people think about the little ads on Google's blogger or say on Ros' sight?

I believe Google's adds allow some control / filtering to the owner and they often look interesting and sometimes helpful. And on my blog sometimes I fear they advertise things I might not approve of? I've agreed never to click on them as I'm going to make my millions by other people doing so, so hence I've no idea what they say! But perhaps its obvious I dont necessarily support them?

I imagine that David Virtue of Virtue Online: The Voice of Global Orthodoxy in Anglicanism might not have been delighted, for example, by the Amazon advert and photo that was showing on his website advertising French Crotchless Panties. Of course, nothing wrong with that, but maybe not that helpful and not what I wanted to be confronted with before breakfast this morning.

PS. Trust Chris Green is still checking daily what links I've been clicking on? :)

6 comments:

Daniel Newman said...

You really have to be careful with 'blog ads. At least you're not getting the Quakers any more, but you're still getting things like Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology on CD-ROM...

Marc Lloyd said...

Which surely is a good thing, even if its not the first or only thing one would buy?

Daniel Newman said...

I said that slightly tongue-in-cheek. I'm sure plenty of people have found it useful - they're selling on the bookstall at Ebbe's. It's Robert Reymond for me.

I wish I hadn't said anything - it George Fox again, now!

Marc Lloyd said...

No worries. But not sure I get the George Fox reference, Daniel?

Your Toplady stlye hymn on LA is being much appreciated round here, I hear

Daniel Newman said...

I hope you get this before you depart.

Re: George Fox - he's the founder of the Quaker movement isn't he? The advertisements keep changing - they've shifted back to Quaker spirituality.

Thanks for the news about my hymn. Who else has seen it apart from Liam? Do put them in touch. Perhaps an Effectual Redemption Connexion needs to be set up to combat the Amyraldian error?

Enjoy your time up north, your wedding and your honeymoon.

Yours in Christ,

Daniel.

Marc Lloyd said...

Thank you. Of course.

:)

You probably encouraged the Qu**er advert by mentioning them?! If we say "Wayne Grudem" ( Wayne Grudem ) I woder what happens?!