Sunday, April 14, 2013

Things we love

D V today I am going to talk to the children about our risen Lord's question to Peter, "do you love me more than these?". I am going to start off with a discussion of things we love. I've thrown in a few for the adults too! Here are some jottings (some of which are personal to our family and may not make a lot of sense):

people - family, friends etc. - husband & wife, boyfriend & girlfriend, mum, we all love baby Matt Matt
places - home, favourite holiday destination
food - pizza, chips, bacon, ketchup, icecream, sweets, chocolate(s)
games
toys - favourite teddy / doll - Baby Ru / Baby
sports - rugby, football
pets / animals - your dog, pony, cat, goldfish, hamster etc. the lambs on the farm
telly - Thomas the tank engine, Tree Fu Tom, Wooly and Tig
computer games
favourite clothes / shoes
gadgets - i phone
car
a good bottle of wine
peace and quiet
a good book
ourselves
our own comfort / ease / peace / reputation / security

I may even feel the need to quote Maria from The Sound of Music:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittensv 
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favourite things
Cream coloured ponnies and crisp apple streudles
Doorbells and slaybells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favourite things
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winter that melts into spring
These are a few of my favourite things

No comments: