Thursday, September 06, 2007

Stranger Evangelism

I'd say we want less starnge evangelism, myself, but Rev'd Geln Scrivner's 43 thoughts on evangelism to those we've never met before are well worth reading - though I might have some quibbles, such as a more positive view of the value of apologetics. And I reckon there are fewer than 43 thoughts here - some are cheating by giving an example of the previous thought! Naughty. Cold contact evangelism doesn't have to be cold, Glen claims, and I reckon it'd be great to persuade him to show one the ropes some time!

Its brill to have Glen and his "gergeous ulster-woman" (his words, I think) wife here on the Sunshine Coast. Glen is also a new curate - All Souls, Eastbourne. Lots of other interesting stuff at his website Christ The Truth, some of it quite distinctive, for example on Christ in the Old Testament and perhaps with quite a lot of Luther influence?

No comments: