Sunday, September 09, 2018

The Good Samaritan - best ever sermon headings?


I’ve been away at the diocesan clergy conference this week, and I mentioned to one of my friends that I was preaching on the parable of the good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37) and he said, “oh, I know the best ever headings for that passage.” (I understand they're not original to him either). 


So see if you like them!



In Jesus’ story we can see 3 different sets of attitudes.



(1) First there’s the robber approach:



Their attitude with respect to the man they ambush is what’s yours is mine and I’ll take it if I can.



(2) Then there’s the priest and the Levite who pass by on the other side.

Their attitude is what’s mine is mine and I’ll keep it if I can.



(3) And then finally there’s the Good Samaritan.

His attitude is what’s mine is yours and I’ll give it if I can.



Neat, eh?

No comments: