Monday, June 06, 2011

Big Questions

From The Urban Pastor, The Rev'd Richard Perkins:

  • What if the hokey cokey is what it’s all about?
  • Is there another word for synonym?
  • What was the best thing before sliced bread?
  • Why are your keys always in the last place that you look?
Surely some of the great unanswered questions of our time.
  • There are some questions that we can never answer like, why is there an expiry date on sour cream?
  • There are some questions that deserve an answer like, who framed Roger Rabbit?
  • There are some questions that we ought to answer like, if the ‘black box’ flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash, why isn’t the whole airplane made of that stuff?
There is one question to which I’d love to know the answer. I hope you don’t mind if I ask it. I don’t mean to be rude or intrusive. It’s just that the answer fascinates me. It won’t be a question that everyone can answer. But the question is simply, ‘why aren’t you a Christian?’
I don’t know how you respond to that
  • You may think, ‘I already am, stop bugging me!’
  • You may think, ‘are you kidding me, do I look like an idiot?’
  • You may think, ‘I haven’t got a clue; it’s never really crossed my mind’.
  • You may think, ‘I didn’t realise I had to be, I thought it was optional!’
  • You may think, ‘it was a conclusion I reached after a long and agonised exploration of the facts’.

No comments: