Monday, December 03, 2007

Free Images for my sermons

Does anyone have any tips for good places to find free images on-line for use in talks?

I’m particularly interested in some gold, frankincense (or even just plain incense, whatever the difference is) and myrrh, if anyone can tell me how I can lay my hands on them in the next few days.

Though it may be better simply not to bother with the old power-point, I guess. I could always start decorating old cereal packets or something. The joy of giving all-age talks!

I’ve had a look at a few of the sites listed on the Wikipedia Public Domain Image Resources page, but I imagine this would be a great way to waste lots of time.

4 comments:

Ros said...

I often use freefoto.com

I'm trying to resist the impulse to waste my time looking for specific images, instead of yours.

Daniel Newman said...

I think you should burn some incense. Basilica is nice, so I'm told.

Anonymous said...

We always struggle with this. Have you come across Creative Commons? http://creativecommons.org/image
There are a series of licences which allow you to use other people's images according to varying terms. Some photos are free to use as long as you credit the creator, or free to use for non-commercial uses. Flickr can be search for Creative Commons licensed images.

There's also Twelve Baskets
www.twelvebaskets.co.uk

Or you could go to iStockphoto for royalty free images; they do cost a little money, but they are fantastic images

Marc Lloyd said...

Thanks, Sian. We used the church istock account in the end but I'll try those you suggest next time I'm in last minute need of some images!